Wednesday, September 25, 2013

With Great Joy...

...we hope to grow again, as a family, as people, as an ever-expanding universe of love and life, sometime in early April.



World, meet E3, 12 weeks and thriving


I could say so many things...and I'm sure I WILL say so many things in the weeks to come....but for now, I will just share what I wrote down for this little person roughly eight weeks ago.



Dear Baby of Mine,

Today I learned that you're here, and I cried a few tears of joy and smiled so hard my face hurt and thanked God with every bit of my heart and soul for letting me be your mother.

I don't know anything about you yet. I haven't seen your little bean shape yet or heard the whoosh-whoosh of your heart. I don't know if you'll make me feel exhausted or sick or give me awful heartburn like your siblings did. I don't know if you will make me crave chocolate (Addie) or roast beef sandwiches (Graydon).

But I do know that I love you already, and I hope we will get the chance to tell you so somewhere around April 11, 2014.

Love,

Mom


5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! What great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Emily! The "two year plan" (oh so popular in Rochester) is still going strong, give or take a few months ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! So exciting! And, I love your letter to your new little one. I wish I could write half as well as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so exciting! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kristen and Rebecca! We are so excited to share the news with you guys. Thanks for the kind words, friends.

    ReplyDelete