Sunday, August 19, 2012

Introducing Mister and Miss Chievous

Sometimes I have a couple of posts lined up and ready to go, and my problem is finding time to record my thoughts. And other times, like tonight, I sit down and have no idea what I want to say. Invariably the best thing to do in the case of blogger's block is to go back and look at my pictures and (usually) the topic will suggest itself.

Sure enough, as I flipped back through my pictures and videos, all I could think was "Just look at these cheeky little monkeys. So mischievous."

Laughing his signature "wicked laugh".



Caught in the act of stealing candy from the sundae bar!

This is the face she gave me when I told her to save some toppings for the ice cream





 There are a lot of laughs around here, and oh my goodness, do I love it! I'd guess that some of my discipline issues with Addie probably have to do with the fact that my first reaction to a lot of her antics is...you guessed it... to start laughing. But I swear, it's so hard NOT to laugh sometimes. She is so smart and so sassy that it amazes and amuses me to hear and see what she's capable of doing.  I should laugh less, but seriously, who wants to go through life laughing less?


Not the G man! He loves to laugh!

She stripped down in the front yard to run through the sprinkler, which she knows is not allowed! Yes, that vaguely penile thing is our sprinkler. It was supposed to be a palm tree. $8 buys you this kind of quality, folks.

One thing that I'm realizing with Graydon is that babyhood is both a universal and unique experience. The milestones and moments are very similar for each family. But of course each baby brings their own personality to the world and that is what makes each childhood precious and exciting to witness.

G man is already such a personality, with tricks and quirks of his own. This is his newest trick. Whenever he wakes up, he immediately crawls to his crib and pulls down the bumper to see what's going on in the world. This is usually the first thing that I see when I come in to get him...his little face pressed against the bars, with one eye peeping out at me.

Peekaboo!


He is so happy to see his family, especially his big sister who normally climbs right into the crib to cuddle with him.






Here are a few videos of the mischief. In the first video,we are coming in to get Grady after his morning nap. Here are a few things to love:

1) He has somehow managed to remove his diaper while in bed (it is a dark green cloth diaper...you'll see it in a wad at his feet).
2) He is so excited to see us! It warms my heart every single time. THIS is really why I can't let him cry it out at night!





In the second video, here are a few things to ...if not love, at least laugh at:

1) Addie has learned a few new skills. They include unlocking doors and turning on the watering hose.
2) She has me cornered and she knows it.
3) If you can't hear her when she speaks quietly, she says "Spray Mommy" with a speculative gleam in her eye. 













3 comments:

  1. I love those kiddos and their mama too! So. Stinking. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made me laugh, you're right! they are so loveable! xo mk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Leslie! And you, MK!

    ReplyDelete